Caught in Lies

I have often considered and thought about the news that I hear, see and read on a daily basis.  I also question these articles quite often, especially the ones on the internet and social media. I think this because many articles are very hard to believe, while others are falsified news, but are very believed by the public. I find it very hard to believe those big news companies would have to lie and fabricate stories such as the "Wafer Story".
My reaction to these articles was surprised, and shock. Why would a journalist feel the need to lie about a story? Especially one like "Jimmy's World", how would a person make up a story like that, especially when drug problems could bring up a lot of terrible memories for some affected families that have dealt with drug abuse.
I do agree with Shafer's assertion because why else would journalists feel the need to lie and make up a fabricated story if they had the ability to write one themselves.  If they had the intelligence and capability of writing a groundbreaking story, I think they could do so without lying to the world.
I do think colleges and universities should prep and prepare their future journalism students about the challenges of the field.  Because maybe they are unaware of the difficulties they will face with the public, and how to find news to write about.  Colleges and universities are supposed to aid their students in succeeding in life.
I do think when these ethics arise a ombudsman would help in these situations. It is their designated job to provide services to people. Not being able to do so would defeat the point of their job. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Newsworthy?

Facing Fake News

News Article